Hurricanes are well known for leaving behind damage and huge distruction. Even if you’re handy around the house, things like fallen branches, exposed wires, and wet surfaces can make any repair job far more dangerous than it looks. So be sure to make your safety number one priority after a storm.
If you need to make a homeowner’s claim after Hurricane Ian, here is some information that you will need when filing a claim:
- Insurance policy number – If you don’t know your number, don’t worry! Insurance carriers will be able to look up the policy with your name, date of birth, and address or you can call RMC for your policy information.
- Date of the incident – You will need to know the exact date of the claim.
- Type of claim – water, wind, fire, etc.
- Brief description of the damage
- Photos and documents – Take any photos before cleaning up to have extra support for the claim.
Florida Insurance Companies Claims Information
Here is a list of Florida Insurance Companies and their claims numbers/emails:
- AIG: 888-760-9195 or email@example.com
- Assurant/American Bankers (Flood): 800-423-4403
- American Integrity: 866-277-9871
- Chubb European (Policy Number Example- OUA100234567-00): 877-270-2581
- Chubb Personal Risk (Policy Number Example- 1234567890): 800-252-4670
- Citizens Property Insurance: 866-411-2742
- Edison / Florida Peninsula: 866-549-9672 or you can make a claim online at www.FloridaPeninsula.com or www.EdisonInsurance.com. You will need the email address associated with your policy. Once you’ve signed up online, you’ll be able to check the status of your claim.
- FedNat/Monarch: 800-293-2532 or online at MonarchNational.com
- Florida Family: 888-486-4663
- Hartford Flood: 800-787-5677
- Heritage Insurance: 855-415-7120
- NFIP/FEMA (Flood): 800-767-4341
- Safeco: 800-332-3226 or the fastest and easiest way is online at Safeco.com or through the Safeco app. Due to the expected volume of claims, there may be a delay in speaking to a representative on the phone.
- Travelers: 800-252-4633 or online at www.Travelers.com and logging into ‘MyTravelers’.
- UPC: 866-515-4428 or online at UPCInsurance.com
- Universal Property: 800-470-0599
If you can’t find your information above or need further help, please contact our RMC offices at 239-298-8210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.